[aprsisce] North America M0XER-4
Robert Bruninga
2014-09-01 12:57:29 UTC
PCSAT also downlinks on 144.39 all over the world. Most people never hear
it due to QRM, but campers in the wilderness might hear it 4 or 5 times a
day.

THOUGH it is mostly not decodable, because the 13 year old battery is
mostly dead and cannot sustain the full 1 second long burst. It usually
dies well before the end of each packet. Only during passes during mid-day
once every month or so is the sun angle right on its best solar panel to be
able to complete a packet.

You can see PCSAT's successful packets on http://pcsat.aprs.org

All of those signals are heard on 145.825 (it has 2 transmitters). But if
you want to compare IGates, some of those packets could be coming in via
144.39 igates too.

Bob, WB4APR
I'm camping on the east end of Lesser Slave Lake (the big lake southeast
of M0XER-4 currently) and can hear the packet bursts. No decode yet. I know
it's M0XER-4 as there's nothing else on APRS up here!
I think I'm going to head up to the top of Marten Mountain to get a clear
shot at it!
(Yahoo! ID required)