Next balloon approaching Washington
Gerhard.F5VAG
2014-07-24 18:48:52 UTC
Now M0XER-4 is approaching approaching Washington after traversal of the
Pacific.

http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FM0XER-4&timerange=604800&tail=604800

http://habitat.habhub.org/mobile-tracker/ (B-64)

73 de Gerhard, F5VAG
Steve Noskowicz
2014-07-27 14:04:22 UTC

Is there any info on this?  Links to info?
73, Steve, K9DCI

________________________________
2014-07-27 16:22:17 UTC
Info on Leo's tracker and balloon setup here
http://www.leobodnar.com/balloons/B-10/index.html

His later flights have a more advanced tracker that frequency switches
depending on it's location in the world

Steve

G6UIM

_____

2014-07-28 03:23:27 UTC

This is primarily a test.  I haven't been seeing my messages come out ot the reflector.

Both M0XER-3 and M0XER-4 balloons going strong Sunday evening.
 http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FM0XER-3%2Ca%2FM0XER-4&timerange=604800&tail=604800
 http://spacenear.us/tracker/

It's fun watching the projected landing sites jump around as conditions vary.

73, Steve, K9DCI

73 de Gerhard, F5VAG
Steve Noskowicz
2014-07-28 20:03:14 UTC

They are both out of Digi range now...  At 35-40 miles per hour, we have quite a wait for a Europe report. (;-)  Perhaps Greenland...
 We need an APRS Sat in a somewhat polar orbit...

It's a shame this system is so slow, but it is nice.
http://spacenear.us/tracker/

.../OR...

 http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=8&call=a%2FM0XER-3%2Ca%2FM0XER-4&timerange=604800&tail=604800

73, Steve, K9DCI

73 de Gerhard, F5VAG
Steve Noskowicz
2014-07-30 04:04:22 UTC

http://spacenear.us/tracker/

Via DL7AD
73, Steve, K9DCI

I don't seem to be passing through the TAPR Reflector.

2014-07-30 10:21:45 UTC
 Gerhard,
  I do look at aprs.fi, but do not know enough to fully understand the packets.  However, I did wonder why a DL7 would be able to report it and see no stations on Greenland, so I should have questioned that position right off.   I do see that the DL7 packet has the WIDE2-1 path, where the others have none.

Do you understand how Leo's balloon data gets to both the SpaceNear system and the APRS-IS?  This is very confusing.
   Looking at Leo Bodnar, M0XER's website, there is no information on those last two payloads (-3 & -4).
The earlier balloon payloads are all so amall that they could only have the 440 50 baud tracker for the spacenear system and the spacenear map shows no receivers in Canada.
   However, for the valid packets earlier, I could see on aprs.fi that Heikki's software shows that APRS digis had received the packets. Can you explain how this works?

It will be a few more days until we will know if either one is still floating.  I was watching the projected paths on the spacenear system jump all around northern Canada and the Greenland area.

I watched  the two K6RPT trans-Atlantic balloons and captured the tracks and put together a presentation for my club.  The ham who took videos of the launch sent them to mee and I edited them for the clup.  I recall that a ham also added some invalid packets on one of those flights and did not respont to questions.  I'll add Leo's balloons to my presentation.

RE TAPR:
I get none of my tapr aprs sig messages back, not even in my spam folder. .  I sent that last one (and this) to both you and the sig.  You are the second person who said my messages apear in their spam folder.   Very strange.  Perhaps I need to look at my account in the TAPR system.

73, Steve, K9DCI

________________________________
2014-07-30 12:24:24 UTC
Steve,

It seems the balloon sends telemetry in parallel on 70cm and on the
regional APRS frequencies.

http://www.leobodnar.com/balloons/B-47/index.html

I don't know any further details.

Concerning the mails in the Spam folder: This happens frequently if the
mails were sent from Yahoo and AOL accounts.

73 de Gerhard, F5VAG
Samúel Úlfr Þór Guðjónsson
2014-07-30 18:55:45 UTC
DL7AD is injecting the packets to the APRS-IS from an audio file recorded
at a station in Greenland who was listening on 70cm.
A bit confusing I guess, but no magic going on.

73 de TF2SUT - Samúel
Steve
2014-08-01 00:05:04 UTC
A station in Greenland recorded the audio as did not have any way to decode
APRS, it was transmitted on 2M. it was sent to DL7AD for decoding and
submitting

We are not allowed to transmit from the air as radio amateurs in the UK but
we can use an unlicenced part of 70cm but limited to 10mW, it works well.

Leo M0XER used a APRS VHF map of the world I created, to frequency switch as
the balloon traversed the world. So other than Receiving it going out and
coming in, I had a very small part.

Also the balloon sent data it had stored when out of range so it did jump
around a little

Updates to the map are of course welcome
http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:frequenciesn it’s a copyright free map, feel
free to use, and contact me to update

Steve G6UIM

_____

http://aprs.fi/?c=raw <http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=M0XER-4> &call=M0XER-4

Steve Noskowicz
2014-08-01 00:36:16 UTC

I was unable to dermine this reading the information, or watching the YouTube on the system.  It seems that the 70cm data is simply a 50 baud version of the APRS packet?  I didn't see if the fata format was explained on the DLDigi information.

Perhps the SpaceNear folks can add that Greenland station to their map ...?

73, Steve, K9DCI
I am now getting a confirmation message for my sig postings, but no reflected messages yet...

Looking at the raw packets I'm led to believe someone played with
M0XER-4's beacons.
http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=M0XER-4
73 de Gerhard, F5VAG
P.S.:
Your messages arrive very often in the Spam folder of my Gmail account.

On
Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Steve Noskowicz
<noskosteve-/***@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

http://spacenear.us/tracker/

Via
DL7AD
73,
Steve, K9DCI

don't seem to be passing through the TAPR Reflector.

Mark Conner
2014-07-30 20:20:32 UTC
According to info I got on another list, the DL7 station recorded the audio
somehow and it was decoded later.

M0XER-3 and -4 have logic to change frequency and mode based on location.
Over North America it changed to AX.25 APRS format and 144.39 MHz. Should
they return to the UK, they will go back to their usual modes for that area.

73 de Mark N9XTN
Steve
2014-07-31 09:14:16 UTC
A station in Greenland recorded the audio, and it was emailed to a German
station who decoded it.

We are not permitted to transmit on amateur Frequencies whilst in the air,
in the UK. So when in UK airspace it will switch to 434.500MHz

Steve

G6UIM

_____

73 de Mark N9XTN
Steve Noskowicz
2014-07-31 16:00:32 UTC

It appears that M0ADS, or MB7UL has sent delayed a packets.

Won't be long before it crosses the launch meridian, then it's original track.  Bravo Leo, M0XER!

73, Steve, K9DCI